While 2014 was without a doubt my favorite year yet, I'm really excited to see what 2015 holds. I have a strong feeling it's going to be a monumental year for my life and my business. I'm planning on making big changes to my business this year and I'm super excited about it! I'm ready for a re-brand and a re-fresh. I won't spoil all of the surprises now, but I will share with you my goals for the year, which will give away some of my plans!
- buy a car
- read the Bible in a year
- be mentored by a film photographer or attend a film photography workshop
- buy a film camera (specifically, the Contax 645)
- go to the Biltmore House at Christmas
- start paying off Bobby's student loan
- shoot 12 or more weddings
- go on a weekend trip together (I'm thinking NYC or Charleston!)
- choose a church and become members
- join a small group
- have my photography featured on two blogs
- run a 5k
- fast from social media at least one day a week
- shoot an editorial
- be able to touch my toes (ha! that's definitely the funniest goal I have, but it's true; I'm not very flexible and I want to work on it!)
- establish a new business name and brand
- organize and streamline my workflow
- have a quiet time every day
- officially change my name on everything
Phew, that's a lot of goals! There's honestly even more swirling around in my brain. The length of this list would have terrified me last year. But this year I've learned this truth: If I aim at nothing, that's exactly what will happen. Nothing. I'm reaching for a lot this year, more than I can accomplish, but I know that if I focus on these goals and keep reaching to make them happen, I'll see their influence on my life in a great way.
And now, here are my goals for this month! Some of them relate to helping me achieve my yearly goals and some of them are just small things I'd like to accomplish this month.
- read through Genesis and most of Exodus
- change my name
- fill the empty frames in our living room
- implement new prices and create 2015 pricing guide
- shoot my first wedding of 2015 on January 31st!
I'd love to hear what your goals are for the year or month! It always inspires me to see what others are planning for their year. If you've posted your goals to your blog please leave a link in the comments below, and let's cheer each other on!